When it comes to your diet, small and steady changes made in the long term will make the biggest impact on your fat loss goals. Take this fiesta bowl, for example. We’ve taken a traditional burrito bowl and have lightened it up by using quinoa instead of rice. Feel free to top this flavorful bowl with chicken or steak, if you’d prefer rather than tofu. Enjoy!
Here’s what you need…
- 1 (14oz) extra firm tofu, pressed and sliced
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- 2 cups red quinoa, cooked
- 1 (15oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- ½ cup canned corn
- ¼ cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a casserole pan with olive oil. Arrange the tofu slices in a single layer in the pan and bake for 30 minutes, flipping each slice halfway through. Cover the tofu with the BBQ sauce, turning each slice to coat each side. Bake for 15 more minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine all of the remaining ingredients, and top with slices of the BBQ tofu. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 266 calories, 4g fat, 67mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate, 8g fiber, and 15g protein