Today’s recipe is a low calorie, low carb, zero fat snack.
That’s right: a snack! We’re huge fans of snacking, and we want to make sure you do it right.
Crunchy and sweet are the top things you want in a snack, right? So let’s ditch those cookies and candy bars for some decadent cinnamon apple chips.
- 6 apples (try Pink Lady or Honeycrisp)
- 6 cups fruit-only juice (try pear juice)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Ground cinnamon
- Sea salt
- Coconut Crystals
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. Core and thinly slice 6 apples (skins are fine!)
- Boil the apples for 5 minutes in a pot with the fruit juice and cinnamon sticks.
- Remove the slices from the juice, pat them dry and arrange them on a cooling rack placed on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle them with cinnamon, sea salt and coconut crystals. Place in the preheated oven for 1 to 2 hours. Remove from heat once crispy.